A Detox Spice for Your Health
Back in early civilization, spices were treasured not only for their flavors, but also for their “medicinal properties”. Good Healthy foods were known to heal the sick, clean demons from within, and add pleasure to the senses.
Today our modern culture relies more on the medical advancements than our previous knowledge of the healing properties of natural spices.
I give you an example. Did you know that cloves, sometimes also called the “stinking rose”, can safely help you detox your liver?
In a study published in the Tanta Medical Sciences Journal, researchers gave clove extract to mice that had been exposed to toxic levels of alcohol.
What these researchers learned was that the clove oil prevented the liver of these mice from alcohol-induced-trauma. They also recorded highly elevated levels of antioxidants in the mice due to the active ingredients!
One of the many active ingredients in the cloves is “Allison“. The best way to get the most essential amount of Allison is by eating it raw. When you peel open one of the ‘pods’ and mash it, Allison is created by mixing with air. Just ten minutes mixing with air produces this essential mineral. However, the benefits of this wonderful antioxidant are lost when heat is added. Eating cloves raw are the best way to get maximum benefit.
Cloves are also helpful in soothing intestine problems like gas, parasites, Indigestion and bloating.
Here’s how to take advantage of the powerful health benefits of cloves…
- Add whole cloves to rice, curries, sauces, or poked into ham or Poultry while cooking.
- Steep a tea bag and one whole clove to make a delicious “detox tea”.
- Take one drop of clove oil added to tea each day for 3 days as part of a whole body cleanse.
- On toast add mashed clove to your choice of topping like honey, jelly, or cinnamon to reap the benefits of Allison.
- If the smell or taste of raw cloves is annoying, try putting a clove in a tablespoon of honey and swallow whole, do not chew.
- Another way of disguising taste is to add cloves to salad dressings.
Note: Periodic cleansing is the fastest way to purge harmful toxins, parasites, and bacteria from your body.