Metabolic Syndrome – What is it?
There is a growing epidemic of this condition in America. Maybe even millions of people are afflicted with this self-inflicted syndrome. What is this condition and why is it so dangerous?
Metabolic syndrome is the pear-shaped body that most people now have. It is characterized as having a big belly and a huge waistline. This condition causes high blood pressure, a high lipid (fat) content, high C-reactive protein (CRP), and high inflammation. If you are a person that has any or all of these conditions – you are setting yourself up for heart disease, cancer and diabetes!
Whether you know it or not, a huge stomach is actually a tumor, either benign or malignant. Belly fat by definition is a tumor. Since a tumor is a part of the body, your body treats it like it does any part of the body – it feeds it. Your body feeds this tumor with a new blood supply.
This is a medical term that explains the creation of a new collateral blood supply. In Greek, “angio” means vessels and “genesis” is birth. So angiogenesis means the process our bodies use to grow new blood vessels. People who have cancer have this condition. Cancer actually hijacks a blood supply for its own private nourishment to feed itself.
A new collateral blood supply to the heart is good. Your body can do this if we develop occluded (blocked) arteries. In time our body will grow a new artery around the blocked artery generating a new blood supply. But when a new blood supply is built to feed a tumor that obviously is bad.
Belly fat is a live and growing gland that must be fed in order to survive. Since this belly fat is considered a tumor, it should be considered dangerous and life-threatening. To stop a tumor, you stop feeding it.
What This Can Do For You
What this term means is just the opposite of angiogenesis – which is to stop creation of a new collateral blood supply. This can be done with food! You can be saved from this growing epidemic simply by eating anti-angiogenesis foods! By eating foods from this detox diet you will detox this tumor-feeding condition and possibly avoiding developing cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
- Quinoa: One of the best known anti-angiogenesis foods around. Three of the substances identified in quinoa, including genistein, quercetin, and kaempferol, have these properties, or the ability to inhibit new blood vessel growth. If you already have cancer, this food will also suppress the proliferation of cancer cells. The seeds are loaded with protein, unsaturated fats, and essential vitamins and minerals. Quinoa can also benefit by reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- Flaxseed: Many studies have shown that regular consumption increases levels of endostatin, which is an angiogenesis inhibitor. one study healthy premenopausal women were given 25 grams of freshly ground flaxseed to their diet showed significant increases in the levels of endostatin in their breast tissue. This endostatin is an endogenous (naturally occurring) substance in the body that inhibits angiogenesis.
- Oolong Tea: Is a very popular tea in Asian countries that is partially fermented. This tea, like green tea and black tea contain substances called polyphenols which have been shown to have chemopreventive (cancer-preventing) properties.
- Grapes: Grapes and red wine contain an abundance of polyphenols and powerful antioxidants that have been shown in numerous studies to have anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and heart-protecting effects. Grapes attribute their ability to inhibit proliferation of tumors cells and to suppress the growth of tumor blood vessels (angiogenesis).
- Chocolate and Cocoa: Chocolate contains high levels of bioactive flavanoids (polyphenols) that are formed during the fermentation process. Two flavanoids in particular, catechins and procyanidins, are highly concentrated in dark chocolate and cocoa powder. The strength in their ability to inhibit proliferation of cancer cells, remove toxins from the body, reduce inflammation, and suppress angiogenesis is highly valued. Studies indicate that chocolate and cocoa may protect against a number of chronic diseases, notably cardiovascular disease and cancer.
If you are prone to suffer from this condition of having a large stomach and hips, I would highly suggest detoxing your body with at least the above mentioned foods, and replacing the pre-packaged and processed foods you have been consuming. Then you will greatly improve your chances to not falling victim of developing a malignant tumor in your stomach.
Above all, always keep an open mind to new ideas but do your own research. To Your Health!
2 thoughts on “Metabolic Syndrome”
Great content, Kenneth! Very powerful, and straight to the point.
Thank you Darran for your comment. I will continue my research and add it as I get it.