Kick Your Body into Fat-Burning Overdrive
In one of my post I told you how important your Thyroid gland is to regulating blood sugar and why detoxifying this gland is a precursor to losing weight. The report shows how closely your Thyroid works with your liver to keeping surges of blood sugar at bay. But did you know that by eating just a few everyday common foods that you can naturally detoxify your liver as well, to actually kick-start your body into a hyper-mode fat-burning machine?
Your liver is the organ that metabolizes fat that your body stores for future energy. When your liver is full of toxins, it does not work efficiently in converting stored fat into fuel for your body. When you eat processed and fried foods, drink alcohol, or get stressed, your liver fills up with pollutants and toxins. Your liver becomes overwhelmed. You will not get the rapid weight loss that you want. There is, however, a little trick that you can do to turning on this high octane organ into a fat-burning machine.
Listed below are my choices of the 10-top foods that will enable your liver to detoxify itself and become an efficient fat-burning organ that it was designed to be.
- Apples: are high in pectin, providing the body the nutrients it needs to cleanse and release toxins from the digestive tract. This makes it easier for the liver to handle the toxic load during the cleansing process.
- Avocados: this nutrient-dense super-food helps the body produce glutathione, which is necessary for the liver to cleanse harmful toxins. Recent studies illustrate improved liver health when avocados are eaten on a regular basis.
- Beets: are extremely high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene, which helps stimulate and improve overall liver function.
- Flaxseed and olive oil: are great for the liver because they provide healthy fats that absorb harmful toxins in the body. This takes some of the “toxic overload” burden off the liver.
- Garlic: just a small amount actually activates liver enzymes, which flushes out toxins. Garlic is also high in allicin and selenium, two natural compounds that aid in liver cleansing.
- Grapefruit: is high in a variety of antioxidants, including vitamin C, which increases the natural cleansing processes of the liver. Even just a half a grapefruit will boost the production of liver enzymes that help flush out carcinogens and other harmful toxins.
- Green Tea: just is loaded with plant antioxidants known as catechins, which assists the livers overall functions in the body.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: arugula, spinach, mustard greens and chicory are among the most powerful allies in cleansing the liver. They are extremely high in plant chlorophylls, which literally suck up toxins from the blood stream. With their powerful ability to neutralize chemicals and pesticides, they offer a great protective mechanism for the liver!
- Natural starchy carbs: such as brown rice, yams, and squash are rich in B vitamins, which improve fat metabolization, liver function, and liver decongestion.
- Turmeric: the liver’s favorite spice. Add some of this detoxifying spiciness into your next soup, stew, or veggie to boost liver detox, by assisting enzymes that actively flush out known dietary carcinogens.
Along with these foods it is also mandatory to drink plenty of water, at least 90 ounces a day, to flush these unwanted toxins from your body. These are just a few of the many secrets I have to give you on your quest of detoxifying your body to lose weight, burn unwanted fat and inches from your body to live a healthier, happier life.