Heavy Metal Detox Juice
2 cups pineapple
1 lemon (peeled if not organic)
6 stalks celery or 1 small head of celery
1 head of romaine
1 small bunch cilantro (start with less, taste and add more)
1 small bunch mint
3 stalks chard or kale
Original recipe calls for each ingredient to be run through a juicer, one at a time; then to stir well and serve. I use my blender instead because I want everything to be liquefied, to get the most nutrients from each ingredient. (IE: There are more phytonutrients in the peel of an apple, than in the whole apple itself!)
Steps to detox heavy metals:
Heavy metals don’t easily leave the body unless specific steps are taken to remove them. Heavy metal deposits are in the tissues throughout your body. Here are some of my preferred ways to facilitate the removal of heavy metals from the body:
1. Eat a clean, highly alkaline, organic diet including lots of fresh salads, healing juices and raw soups and smoothies to reduce the amount of toxins going into the body and help magnetise out old acidic waste that is stored in the body.
2. Cleanse the colon with regular colonics and enemas as part of your lifestyle to keep your major elimination organ clear. Any other protocols you use to detoxify heavy metals will work more effectively with regular colon cleansing.
3. Incorporate at least one fresh bunch of cilantro in your smoothies, juices or meals daily for its function as a natural chelator of heavy metals from the body.
4. Exercise: This juice will dispel the toxins from your tissues into your blood stream for elimination. To help facilitate elimination, sweat will help remove toxins to keep your colon from being overly burdened from too much toxins at one time.
5. Take chlorella daily. Chlorella, a water-grown algae full of chlorophyll, is highly touted for its ability to detoxify and cleanse the body by binding to toxins and carrying them out of our systems. It also cleanses the blood and supports oxygenation of the blood.