A Delightful Detox Tea
(courtesy of firstname.lastname@example.org)
1 gallon of pure water
1/2 a cucumber
a handful of fresh mint leaves
Put all ingredients into a 1-gallon pitcher of water, put into refrigerator and let set for at least 8 hours.
*Cucumbers have around 45 calories with the skin still on, and about 35 without the skin. They contain:
- vitamin C (immune system, eye disease, and skin wrinkling)
- vitamin K (blood clotting and strong bones)
- vitamin A (vision, immune system, and cell growth)
- potassium (lower cholesterol and reduces high blood pressure)
- iron (which mainly includes carrying life-giving oxygen to human blood cells and prevents anemia)
- calcium(strong bones again)
It is also a diuretic which will keep you from holding on to your unwanted water weight!!!! They have lots of fiber and help flush out toxins which is another way it helps you lose weight!
*Lemons are natural energizers. They hydrate, detoxify, and oxygenate the body. They balance PH, keep your skin clear, kick start your digestive system, and help with weight loss.
- Lemons help treat asthma, colds, coughs, sore throat, diphtheria, the flu, heartburn, liver issues, and fevers.
- They also contain Calcium, Vitamin C, and potassium
*Mint not only smells good it tastes good and freshens your breath! It will aid in soothing the digestive tract if you are having stomach ache and reduces irritated bowel syndromes. It cleanses the stomach and also clears up skin disorders such as acne. It helps in eliminating toxins from the body and is a cleanser for your blood!!
And although I don’t crush mine, did you know that if you crush the mint before adding it, it can help whiten teeth?!