5 Super-Easy Drinks that Detoxify Your Body
1. Warm Lemon Water Cleanse: A glass of warm water with a slice of fresh lemon is a great way to cleanse your body each morning. Your body has been hard at work all night long breaking down food and digesting nutrients.
Lemon juice helps flush away any unwanted materials and toxins that are left over from the digestive process. Because lemon juice is similar in atomic composition to digestive juices and saliva, it does a great job breaking down material and encouraging the liver to produce bile.
2. Sea Salt Water Cleanse: To keep your digestive system functioning at top speed throughout the day, try sipping on a glass of water with a little sea salt. The salt water helps rid the colon and small intestine of waste so that your body can readily absorb nutrients.
Add 2 tablespoons of unrefined sea salt or Himalayan salt to 2 quarts of warm water. Pour the mixture into a jar with a lid and shake well. You can add a squeeze of lemon to neutralize the taste. Stay clear of spicy and heavily processed foods while you drink the salt water.
What I have found that works best is after receiveing the Himalayan Sea Salt package, I slowly mix it with water until all of it is dissolved in the water. I put this into a tightly sealed glass jar.
Every morning I mix two teaspoons of this sea salt to an 8-oz glass of water and drink it all down. This revitalizes my body with the magnesium that my body needs.
3. Golden Detox Drink: This drink contains turmeric, which not only boosts metabolism but also possesses a strong detoxifying power and helps the liver break down unwanted and dangerous chemicals. Ginger, lemon juice and cayenne pepper are added for additional cleansing effect.
Add ½ teaspoon turmeric, ½ small teaspoon powdered ginger to 2 cups of hot water. Let it sit for a little bit while you put 4 drops of raw stevia concentrate, a pinch of cayenne pepper and the juice from ½ a small organic lemon in another cup. Mix the two cups and sip the warm drink.
4. Liver Lover Detox Drink: This juice drink encourages the movement of bile and fat to and from the liver. Since the liver is the most vital organ for both metabolism and detoxification, this is a great drink for those looking to drop a few pounds and clean house. Combine 2 medium beets, a 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, 1 organic lemon peeled, a handful of cilantro, 1 Swiss chard leaf and ½ red apple in your juicer. This juice is refreshingly sweet.
5. Gentle Green Cleanse Drink: Vegetables are loaded with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. For a natural body cleanse combine the following vegetables for a soothing and nutritionally rich detox drink.
• 2 organic celery stalks
• 3 organic kale leaves
• 3 organic carrots
• 2 organic beets
• 1 turnip
• ½ white onion
• ½ bunch of parsley
• ½ small head of cabbage
• ½ medium bunch of fresh organic spinach
• 2 garlic cloves
Mix all ingredients with purified water in a blender and enjoy.
The good news is that there are natural, safe and effective ways to keep mosquitoes at bay so that you can enjoy your outdoor living space all summer long. Try any one of these five natural solutions or combine them for best protection.
Make Your own Bug-be-Gone Spray
Add distilled water to an empty (and clean) spray bottle to the halfway mark.
Fill the spray bottle until it is almost full with witch hazel.
Add 60 drops of essential oils and shake well. Use rosemary, clove, or eucalyptus.